Friday, August 2, 2013

Just a few more weeks of crazy...

I know I said I would feed y'all a steady drip of blog-reader-food, and I'm really sorry it hasn't quite happened like I had hoped. Life has a remarkable way of slipping past quicker than I realize, and things to do back up and the post I want to write gets put off for "just one day" until I can get this that or the other done.

At the moment, I am sitting in a basement hundreds of miles away from Novel. I've been catching up on all the puppy raising blogs I follow and it seems that everyone is either turning in a puppy or preparing for team training. These weeks just before turn in are such a sad, exciting, mildly terrifying, BUSY time. The dreaded "envelope" has arrived, the vet has been visited, papers have stacked up, papers have been filled out, papers have been mailed back, and a certain black puppy has had just a few more pats and kisses and snuggles than is exactly normal.

On top of that, I am preparing to attend a new college this fall. Which just so happens to start the day after Novel goes to AT. So I've had mountains of paper work to deal with and wrinkles to iron out for that...and I haven't even registered for classes.

Oh, why am I sitting in a basement hundreds of miles away from Novel you ask? I'm visiting my sister in Wisconsin. I'll be here for a week, and it has been really wonderful, but it is hard to be gone from Novel so close to turn-in. I want to really savor the last days I have with him. I feel like I should be really focusing on polishing up our commands. But at the same time, I know I need to start letting go of him emotionally. Oh, I'm going to miss the bugger.
This dude!!

In the mean time, Novel is staying with a friend from work. (The drive was simply to long to think of having 4 people plus a dog in our little car. And we were a little worried about how my sisters doberman would handle having another dog in her house. I know Novel is well taken care of and enjoying himself immensely in my absence :) When I get back, I will have just over a week left with him...which is quite the breath-catching thought....



What will I ever do without this silly mug?




No comments:

Post a Comment