Saturday, August 10, 2013

10,000 words...but a whole lot less.

I'm sure that some of you remember me complaining from time to time about how "I don't have a ton of pictures to post of Novel since my camera broke." Well I'm here to tell you today that that simply isn't - and wasn't true.

 I promise I wasn't willfully deceiving you. I just don't have the greatest picture organizing skills, apparently. However, for Novel's matriculation, I was asked to provide a few pictures of him for use in the ceremony. Being the OCD perfectionist that I am, I had to go through all my pictures (yes, every single one) over the past year and a half and pull out all the ones of Novel so I could choose the 'very best' pictures for the ceremony.

Guess what? I have over 1500 pictures and nearly 100 videos of Novel. The folder takes up 14.5 GB of space on my computer. That's a lot. Well anyway it is for my little $300, five year old, 230 GB laptop.

Believe it or not, I actually went through them all just to pick out 6 that I thought represented the best of Novel. (Well ok, 5; one had to include me, and since I have so few pictures of Novel and I together that aren't selfies, it was a little less than perfect)

I'm so glad I did. Picture after picture, many of which I had forgotten I had, had me grinning ear to ear with the memories they brought back. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Undoubtedly yes. And so, in order to save you an ear full, here are a few of my favorites that never made it onto my blog:
The time when I first met him in the airport!

The time when he first attempted the stairs...boy was he worried

The time when he first visited the vet

The time when....well, lets just say that you would never guess what was happening
behind me at the moment I took this picture...

The time when he first held his down/under for more than 5 minutes without whining.
Believe me, this was huge. Which is why I have a picture of it.

The time when he found a glove in a snow cave and proceed to
 play keep-away in our un-fenced yard for what seemed like forever,
scaring me to death and making me late for school.

The time when we were drenched by a downpour at school and Novel smelled
like a wet dog for the rest of my classes

The time when Novel decided to hide under the laundry basket


The time when Novel was "in the stocks"

The time when Novel decided to ride on the cart at Lowe's all on his own.
Just because.




4 comments:

  1. I love these! I had to laugh when you said you went through every picture because I did the same thing - every picture on my, and my mom's computer, and was only able to get it down to 10. I never thought I could get sick of looking at pictures of my Golden Boy, but I came pretty close, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was picture number four at petsmart? And if it's, is the great dane name some thing like Anitta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture was at petsmart, but I don't know the Dane's name. He (or she?) was only there for one class and it was like a year ago, so even if I did hear the name at some point I don't remember it :)

      Delete
    2. Rico and I are taking a class with a Great Dane that looks a lot like that.

      Delete