Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pilot Mt. NC

Novel went camping with us over Labor day weekend!
Yep, that's me on the ground setting up the tent BY MYSELF while everyone else stands around watching...
Considering that included living about 100 yards from a beautiful pond for 2 days, he was pretty thrilled.
Can we go play now? In da water? Pweeeeaaase???
Our campsite also offered us with a beautiful view of Pilot Mt.
Also, on Saturday he got to hike Pilot Mt. with the fam! ...well part of the fam anyway. It was just me and three of my sibs. (out of five) but it's still fam :) You know, I should do a post introducing my fam to the nebulous strangers out there that my stats say read my blog. (hello nebulous strangers...did you know I like comments? Yeah, comments are good...so even if you don't have anything to say, introduce yourself or something) Anyway, it's a pretty fabulous fam. Wow I've gotten of on some crazy tangents. Back to the point...
"Novel the Noble" (or "Novel the Nutty"?) on top of Pilate Mt.
Novel did glorious on the Mountain! I mean, he was beautiful! It was pretty crowded with plenty of kids and other dogs running around and such, but Novel handled it all like a pro...well almost. I can't say he was perfect, but he was pretty darn good. He made a few friends, and left with more than a few admirers. Ya know, there's just something about that goofy, lovable, and yet "oh so serious" personality of his....and the adorable yellow "working dog" cape doesn't hurt either :)
Ok, now be honest: What's prettier, the view or the dog?
Novel did some "rock climbing" while we were there as well. He got some really good work in on the "jump" command. Considering his usual goofball self, I was actually surprised how good he was at clambering around on Rocks. I keep thinking that if he ends up not making it as a service dog, he would probably do really well as a search and rescue dog. Sure on his feet, endless energy, a HIGH drive to work, and a top rate nose (that he "knows" how to use)? sounds like a recipe for success to me.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the pics. from Pilot Mt.
I's ma buddy!
He's such a goon!
He was actually quite high up in this picture. He had to do a bunch of good "jumps" to get up here :)
Two of my sibs on the same rock Novel was on in the previous pic.
This place is just so COOL looking!
And this is my crazy sister. Who decided to go on the hike on crutches with a sprained knee. ha.
Somehow my bro always manages to find things to do...
...that us girls just can't quite manage. 
LOL
Please let me try! Please let me try! I'm a boy! I just KNOW I can do it!
See that little red speck? Yeah, that's my brother.
Novel did the cutest "catwalk" along this wall. He "jumped" up here without any help, and was even able to turn around on it, but couldn't manage going on it much faster than a walk.
Know what's really amazing about this picture? There are no other people in it!! Honestly, this place was crowded!

5 comments:

  1. Let me introduce myself. I'm one of your nebulous readers out there. I'm a huge fan of Novel, and I've even met him, and I even wrote a blog post about him once! :-) I thought this was a great post! Funny, full of character and wit and attitude, and lots of cool views of amazing places. I've been there too! It is just as pretty as the pictures show it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good boy, Novel! Looks like you're doing great at "jump!" Dante has recently decided he doesn't like to "jump" anymore :/ maybe he can learn a thing or two from you! :-)

    Nothing like NC mountains! Do mind if I ask you, do you live in NC? I used to live there but moved to western TN at the beginning of the year. I miss being so far from the mountains and beach!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay comments!!
    I'm glad you like my blog Rebekah :)

    Hannah, no I don't live in NC actually. We were just visiting there for the camping trip. That's cool that you lived there...but what's even cooler is that you are in TN now...cuz that's where I live! Admittedly, I'm on the very eastern tip of it, but hey, it's still the same state!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LoL Hey! I'm one of those nebulous viewers of your blog. You probably know me...you probably don't...it all depends. :D
    I couldn't stop laughing at all the notes under your pictures!
    I'd love to meet the fam! ;) jk

    Great post!
    -someone not quite a stranger :)
    P.S. Hope Rebekah gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Megan you make me laugh. "I'd love to meet the fam! JK" HAHA so I guess you must not like our family after all..."jk"...lol. You need to come by and visit Novel sometime!

    ReplyDelete