Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Shopping spreeeeee!!!

Yeah. I know I really don't have the money. I'm a poor college student with two dogs and a cat to take care of after all! In my defense, everything I bought was at least practical....mostly....

ats me can ya tell?

1. Dog bed
 Novel really did need a new dog bed. When I first got him, I bought him a very cheap bed, hoping, but not really expecting it to last very long with such a young puppy. He chewed a nice large hole in his bed sometime in the first week or so. In an attempt to save myself from buying another bed only to have it destroyed as well, I simply took some scissors and chopped the hole-y part of the bed off and sewed it back up, making for a smaller, but still perfectly serviceable bed. He never chewed the bed again, but to be perfectly honest, it was only "perfectly serviceable" for another few months or so because after that he outgrew the shrunken bed. He didn't really seem to mind though, and just let his head and front legs flop off one side, and I didn't always notice that it was so small because it was in his kennel, and I "couldn't really see it." ...yeah that was an excuse for my procrastination. Anyway, when he vomited on it the other day, I figured I would save myself the trouble of washing it and just by him a new one. I found a very nice, large bed at petsmart for 20% off and it was a done deal. Novel seems very pleased with my purchase. The only thing about it is...it kinda got my money flowing....lol

2. Duck toy
Heh heh...this was actually my one of my professor's idea. I always bring a toy with Novel to school as a reward, and my professor informed me that he really should have a stuffed duck instead of a stuffed dog. After all, he is a Lab, and besides, carrying a stuffed dog around campus boarders on cannibalism. I couldn't argue much on that one. And so, despite the fact that Novel really does not need any more toys, he now has a stuffed duck.

3. Leather leash
Once again, not really a huge necessity....but hey, I had a 10$ off coupon, and leather is much kinder to my hands than nylon. Besides the fact that it's more classy.

4. Dog boots
On Monday Novel tore his pads up while playing on the tennis courts at school. Since we don't have a fenced yard, the off-leash exercise and training time is invaluable, and I'm not really ready to give it up. The boots will allow that to continue, help with keeping his injured paws clean so they can heal for now, help with the hot pavement that's coming up with summertime, and I will be able to use them for future dogs as well. At least that's how I justified it :)
Novel at the Nurse's station at school getting his paws fixed :)


5. Heartworm and Flea meds
Ok, so this doesn't quite fall under the category of "shopping spree" but I did happen to buy it on the same day as the rest. So it at least added to the feeling.

Everyone needs a little shopping spree once in a while right? I know I enjoyed mine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment