Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Big Boy Food

 It is with a bittersweet smile that I announce that my little man is no longer so little. On Monday, the 14th of January, 2013, Novel, son of Jensen IV and Gaylor II, turned one (1) year old.
Nawww!! Nook at da widdw puppy dog!!

Top: 4 months
Bottom: 1 year
Bud, you haven't really changed a whole lot
On the same day, (whether by random luck or premeditated by Eukanuba's people who determine dog food bag size, I know not) he had his first meal of "big boy food."
Sorry about the blurry picture...the cat bumped me as I was taking it and I was
too lazy to take another
I didn't really like buying Large Breed Adult dog food. First of all, by the time I realized that I was gonna need adult instead of puppy, I had already pulled out the hugest size bag of large breed puppy and I had to figure out a way to stuff it back into the shelf without it falling out again. Kudos to the people who stock dog food shelves.

 Then, I go to pull out the adult dog food, and right there on the front, there is a great big adult dog! No more puppies! What's up with that? I mean, why buy dog food if it doesn't have cute puppies on the front right?

Finally, I got home and opened the bag and the kibbles were shaped differently! What kind of freak show is this anyway? Supposed to be better for the dog's teeth, but in my book, it just makes it less scoop-able.

Oh well maybe I'm complaining too much. Maybe I'm just sad that my puppy is no longer a puppy...although I gotta admit, he's a lot easier to live with now that he's grown up some. And Novel seems to like the new food just fine.

It's not the 14th anymore. Novel has been one for a few days now, and thing's haven't changed much. Except for our yard. Novel went swimming in it this morning. I'm not talking puddle splashing..he went full out swimming. Those of you who live near here can relate...schools have been closed since yesterday because of all the rain, and I can't stop thinking: "If only this was snow......"

Oh yeah, and Novel bit me this morning too. Ha. It was a total accident though. Part of a game called "There is a stick in Katherine's hand." Let's work on not grabbing things from me, ok Novel?
Looks puny, put he actually sliced me pretty good with his K9. This was
and hour after it happened and it was still bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment