Monday, December 31, 2012

Poopy buisness

 Today Novel and I stopped by Walmart to do some errands. As usual, we stopped by a patch of grass so Novel could "hurry" before we went inside. He kept getting distracted by all the trash, but finally he did pee for me and we headed in to get our shopping done. He was being very good, keeping perfect heel position and almost a continuous gaze into my face. (Of course, it helped that I had a few pieces of kibble in my hand) We had gotten through the front doors and had started walking down the isle behind all the cash registers, when Novel suddenly stopped in his tracks.

I glanced back at him.

His poor little stubby face was a mask of terror and embarrassment. Without a seconds hesitation, I spun on my heels and we started high tailing it out of that store. In that split second glance, in Novel's panicked face, I saw the unmistakable expression of:

"MOM I HAVE TO POO RIGHT NOW!!!!"

Novel was pulling hard now, but I didn't really care...I wanted to get out of that store as badly as he did! Soon we were jogging, then running toward the big sliding door. People stared at us like we were out of our minds...not only did I have a dog in Walmart, but we were running! I took no notice. My one goal was to simply get OUT before Novel couldn't hold it any longer and embarrassed us both.

The front doors came into view. They opened for us and we charged through. We turned left down the sidewalk. I just needed to get out of the direct vicinity of the doors. Fifty feet later I knew he couldn't hold it any longer so we just stopped.

"Novel 'hurry!" I said. and, oh, he did.

As I was removing the evidence from the sidewalk, a man came out to gather up leftover carts. He remarked calmly on the gentle leader and how it worked so well on his dog. If only he knew what a close call we just escaped.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! You really ARE the dog whisperer if you could read and correctly interpret that expression on his face. Glad you successfully made it out of the store.

    ReplyDelete